P & G Trading Company has been a Food Connex Enterprise user for over 20 years. They are a premium seafood distributor and processor in the Philadelphia marketplace. Over the years they have utilized many Food Connex functions to boost their profitability, and just recently implemented our Touch Screen catch weight capture. They reported the following benefits to their operation and provided us with a quick video example.
- During a hectic morning a “missing” item can be traced back to the touch screen and know whether it has been cut or not. No re-cutting or double cutting before locating the item. Just find the labeled container; no wasted product -- everything cut has an owner.
- Cutters can now stay ahead of the office because cutting orders are on their Touch Screen before the office walks a cutting ticket back to them. This allows cutters to work ahead in peak times creating more efficiencies and labor throughput.
- Add-on orders can be handled immediately to get the route out, increasing customer satisfaction with last minute add-ons that are cut correctly.
- Time invested on the Touch Screen is gained back in accuracy. Cutters are recording catch weights to the invoice as they cut, reducing overall time and saving money.
- Operational issues were handled immediately because Food Connex people do hands-on training and smooth out the workflow.