March 21, 2022 - CAI Software, developers of the Food Connex cloud-based ERP software for food processors and distributors today announced that it has enhanced its inventory and lot control capabilities to support individually lotted items.
If you work with a 3PL partner, or if you manage inventory in-house, Food Connex can provide the control you need to deliver the right product every time. You can quickly access inventory, locate the ideal product in a specific box, and release to the freight company for consistently accurate and on-time deliveries.
Food Connex lets you assign individual items to a single lot to help everyone do their jobs better:
- Sales always knows exactly what they can sell
- Production knows what they need to process and which specific products to pull
- Management can easily perform detailed cost-profitability analysis
- Purchasing sees instantly what product needs to be produced or reordered
As a product is being received or manufactured it is assigned a lot number. Working within these lots users can:
- Report on profitability and cost by lot
- Generate Valuation Reports based on received lot costs
- Monitor inventory aging and expiration dates and inform the warehouse which lot to pull for delivery
- Record additional lot- information such as shellfish tag numbers, country of origin, or grading information
- Track quantity received, amounts in stock, and destination of all quantities sold or use
Food Connex's superior inventory control lets businesses move away from burdensome spreadsheets that require constant updating and just don’t provide the inventory visibility you need.
For more information, call (800) 422-4782.
About Food Connex
Food Connex is cloud-based software for food distributors and processors looking to improve their productivity and profitability. Food Connex helps streamline workflow, improve customer service, and reduce costly mistakes. Its easy order entry and inventory management tools improve sales, order taking, fulfillment, pricing, invoicing, purchasing, production, traceability and reporting.
CAI Software, LLC is a leader in the delivery of mission-critical, production-oriented enterprise resource planning (ERP), manufacturing execution systems (MES), warehouse management software (WMS), electronic data interchange (EDI), and process automation software and services to leading companies in select vertical markets.